You may have seen the ads. Call me. Text me. Email me. I specialize in EVERYTHING. Reach me 24/7/365.
Here are a couple of reasons why it is not wise to be all things to all people:
* You will not be in control of your business
* You may constantly be disorganized
* You will never become the “master” of one or two niches
* You will confuse the consumer with your marketing
* You will burn yourself out
* Your clients may abuse you, thinking it’s okay to call you at midnight
Unless you have a very large team that specializes in different niches, you may want to ask yourself?
* What time of day and what days of the week do I want my clients to call me?
* What time of day will I return phone calls?
* What one or two “niches” would bring joy to me and my clients?
* How do I market myself and my special niche?
* How do I need to structure my week so I have time to spend with family and friends?
One more thing: I know a Real Estate Agent who tells her clients exactly when she will be available for phone calls, when she will call them back, and when she will NOT be available to talk with them. She includes that information in her email signature. She has prepared a written document with the same information that she gives to her clients. And she tells them the reason WHY!
The end result: Clients know what to expect upfront. Clients respect her. They do not abuse her time. She returns calls when she said she was going to return them. She turns off her phone and does not check email during family and personal time.
Tell me, what do you do that helps you keep your business under control? Or do you struggle with this? If so, reach out to me and let’s structure a client expectation guideline that fits your business model.