NO ONE IS USELESS IN THIS WORLD WHO LIGHTENS
THE BURDENS OF ANOTHER.”
― CHARLES DICKENS
As the season of giving is upon us we invite you to join Educated Minds in supporting Gateway Domestic Violence Services.
Here are some facts of what community support can do for the victims they serve.
$2,500 provides 3 meals a day for 30 days for 40 residents in shelter
$1,000 provides 40 group counseling sessions for children affected by Domestic Violence
$500 supports 150 calls on the crisis line
$250 Provides safe housing and counseling for a client for 3 days
$100 provides one person safe housing, meals, support and counseling
$50 supports 20 persons in in crisis on the 24/7 Crisis Line
It is critical that the community rallies around the issue of domestic violence and support programs like Gateway that provide shelter and services to the women, children and pets that suffer from family violence.
Community support helps them to :
• Maintain and meet the growing need for our quality services and programs
• Cover the cost of counseling and other support services
• Provide food, clothing, school supplies, hygiene items, diapers and whatever other needs our clients have
• Provide for daily maintenance and help us to “keep the lights on” and “the water flowing”
• Provide community education so families in need know where to turn and the public knows how to help
Other facts about Domestic Violence
• Domestic Violence occurs among all races, ages and socio-economic groups
• On average, nearly 20 people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the U.S. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million victims.
• D.V. is the leading cause of homelessness among women and children
• Women between the ages of 18-24 are most commonly abused by an intimate partner
• On a typical day in Colorado, there are more than 200 phone calls made to d.v. crisis lines
• 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence each year, 90% of these children are eyewitnesses to the violence.
Educated Minds will be collecting monetary donations or their most needed items at all of our classes until December 19th.
Please check out our education calendar for upcoming classes.
As a thank you for donating Educated Minds will give a credit for one future class.
If you would still like to contribute and are not attending a class, please feel free to contact us and make alternate arrangements.
List of Most Needed Items