This class is geared towards anyone who owns and/or manages rental property. Ideal for beginner and intermediate residential property managers.
This two-day class will include the following:
Residential Property Management
This section will teach you how to achieve the following:
- Market the rental property
- Screen the prospective tenants
- Deal with security deposit issues
- Work with military issues
- Create a tenant handbook
- Deal with problem tenants
- Complete the property check in/out report
Residential Property Management Operations
How to successfully deal with tenant issues is part of the answer to property management. Additionally, there is a need for operational systems.
The class includes the following areas:
- Procedures for leasing, rent collection, and financial reports
- Organizational structure of the company
- Management services to be provided
- Interior and exterior property maintenance procedures
Residential Property Management Contracts and Leases
This section covers the specific provisions that might be included in a residential property management contract or residential property management lease.
This class covers the following topics:
- Agent compensation, owner disbursements, rent collection, maintenance authorizations
- Agent liability and accounting of funds
- Maintenance of the property, property condition reports
- Security deposit accounts
- 24/7 Emergency services
- Yard care, utilities billing
- Lease term and rental rates
Instructor Peter Meer is one of the most highly qualified experts in residential and commercial property management in the United States.
Mr. Meer can be engaged to serve as an expert witness in legal cases across the country. His capabilities include all areas of residential and commercial property management for either the plaintiff or the defendant. His track record speaks for itself.
Mr. Meer has provided property management services throughout the Denver, Colorado area for more than twenty years. Mr. Meer is an expert witness in the specialized areas of residential and commercial property management.
Peter Meer’s expert witness testimony has successfully assisted in many cases. Nearly all of these cases were settled in favor of the side Mr. Meer was engaged to testify and were favorably settled largely due to his expertise.
His testimony in property management includes the following areas:
Standards of care for management of both residential and commercial properties
Liability issues arising from tenants/visitors/workmen at a given residential or commercial property
Health and safety issues arising from tenants/visitors/workmen at a given residential or commercial property.
He holds the Master Property Manager (MPM) designation and his firm holds the Certified Residential Management Company (CRMC) designation award by the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM). Mr. Meer has also served on the National Board of Directors for NARPM. Mr. Meer’s property management firm currently manages 150 single family residences.