Real Estate Asset Protection in 2020 – Virtual
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused insecurity throughout our society and now, more than ever, people are concerned about protecting what’s theirs. Learn to recognize and minimize your risks, while protecting your assets from legal liabilities. After completing this class, you will have more confidence in your ability to:
- Recognize the risks that licensees and their clients are subject to.
- Identify key people who are subject to increased risks based upon legal liabilities and practical considerations.
- Understand what Congress has done to date to help mitigate the risk of loss for homeowners and tenants.
- To understand what RE asset-protection tools are legally available in Colorado and elsewhere.
- To recognize the legal limitations on the use of these tools.
- To understand practical considerations are confronted by the lawyer seeking to seize assets.
- To understand the legal structure of Colorado’s exempt assets and what a person can do to avail themselves of such protections.
- To understand the legal barriers preventing fraud on creditors and other practical considerations.
Instructor: Attorney Damien Zumbrennen
3 CE Credits